Watch movement types, detect between quartz, mechanical and automatic watch
Different types of clock movements include:
- Wristwatches with mechanical movement
- Wristwatch with automatic movement
- Watches with quartz movement
Wristwatches with mechanical movement
How watches that have mechanical movement work depends on a wire that is 9 or 13 inches wide. In simpler terms, a wire takes over and manages the operation of this type of watch. This 9 to 13-inch wire, which is responsible for the operation of the watch, causes the clock to vibrate and move again and again by bending and straightening and repeating these movements.
It is noteworthy that many people choose this type of watch because they think that this type of watch has existed for a long time and is original. Those who choose this type of watch do not actually use time recognition as a criterion for themselves, but by choosing this type of watch, they also consider respect and attention to history and originality.
So, we know that watches that have mechanical movements have a wire that causes the hands to move by bending and smoothing. Quality mechanical watches can be purchased for $ 5,000, noting that the Jaeger LeCoultre Hybris Mechanical is $ 2.5 million.
It should be noted that although these types of watches are not impact resistant, but if they are well cared for, they can live longer than your age and the age of your children because they do not need to be tuned and are immortal.
Mechanical watches are less accurate, they may bend and flatten more due to the impact of the wire inside them and cause the hand to move more. Even the position of the crown of the watch, which is placed in its calamity, can affect its movements and accuracy.
What are the advantages of watches that have mechanical movement?
- Do not need a battery to move: It should be noted that this type of watch does not need a battery to work, and you do not need to go to the repair shop to replace the battery, but if it fails, you can tune it again. Get started and get it working. These types of watches are cookies and do not require a battery.
- These types of watches have a uniform motion: uniform motion or ticking movements is a type of clockwise movement. Many people like the hands to move smoothly and smoothly without a tick or a momentary stop, which also has a smooth and smooth movement.
- Personality: It should be noted that in this type of watch it is better to pay attention to its structure, for example, consider that small devices and wires are working and moving inside the watch until show for you. If human handicrafts are valuable to you and you love them, this type of watch will be very valuable to you.
What are the disadvantages of watches that have mechanical movement?
- Tuning: Because these types of watches do not require a battery to work and we must tune them, it may sometimes be forgotten to tune it, and this will cause a problem.
- Sensitivity to the environment: It should be noted that this type of watch, because their mechanism depends on small gears and wires, may be sensitive to moisture, dirt, shock, magnetism, etc. Give. Enemies of this type of watch include magnetism, humidity, dirt, and shock, which can cause it to fail.
- High price: Due to being handmade and using small gears and wires, they have very high prices in the market.
The components of mechanical watches are:
- Main spring: which is used to store mechanical energy to move the clock.
- Gear: which is used to transfer the driving force to the balance wheel and convert the oscillations in seconds.
- Balance wheel: which has oscillations, and its oscillations are converted into seconds.
- Wheelbarrow: which is used to maintain the balance wheel.
- Indicator of the page: which is used to show and detect the beam.
- Automatic tuning: Sometimes used to eliminate the need for automatic tuning.
Wristwatch with automatic movement
This type of watch is another watch that has the same function and mechanism as watches with automatic movements, but with the difference that this type of watch does not need to be tuned. Clocks with automatic locks also have wires that cause the clock to move. These types of watches are automatic, what does that mean?
This means that you do not need to tune them or do not need a battery to work, these hours are tuned during the day of your activity. You may be wondering if watch is tuned to our movements throughout the day.
In this case, there is a very small weight inside the watch that moves with the movement of our hand and tunes the watch.
What are the advantages of watches that have automatic movement?
No need to tune: Because this type of watch has a small weight that causes the watch to tune by moving the hand, it no longer needs to be tuned manually.
Uniform movement: This type of watch, like mechanical watches, has a uniform movement and their movements are not ticking.
What are the disadvantages of watches that have automatic movement?
- They are sensitive to the environment: These types of watches, like mechanical watches, are sensitive to the 4 elements of soil, sediment, impact, and magnetism and may be damaged.
- Need to be tuned: This type of watch will be tuned automatically when it is in hand and moving hand, but if this type of watch is not in hand and remain fixed, they will fail and need again. They must tune.
- High price: They are expensive because these types of watches are handmade and made by hand.
Watches with quartz movement
These types of watches are very accurate and have a reasonable price for their capabilities. Unlike the two clocks listed above, they use the battery’s electrical energy to work, and there is no need to bend or straighten the wire inside. The battery’s electrical energy is transferred to quartz, causing it to vibrate 32768 times. These vibrations, which are generated by converting the battery’s electrical energy into quartz, are converted into pulses, and then the hand ticks a small motion. These watches are more impact resistant, and most watches used in sports are quartz.
These types of watches have a very low price compared to mechanical watches and can be used to make and use beautiful quartz watches for $ 50 to $ 100. The reason for the low price of these watches is that these watches work using batteries and they are very easy to make and cheap, so they can be produced easily and in large numbers.
Quartz watches were developed by two scientists in laboratories 80 years ago but were unveiled 40 years later and can be used both digitally and analogly to show time.
What are the advantages of quartz watches?
- These types of watches are very accurate: Because these types of watches use battery electricity to move, they are very accurate.
- This type of watch is easy to maintain: This type of watch only needs to replace the battery and is resistant to 4 elements compared to other watches.
- The durability of this new watch is high: because the gears are not used in these watches, they have high strength and durability against impact.
- The price of these watches is reasonable: These watches are also reasonably priced for their performance because they are not handmade, and all classes can provide them.
Quartz watches also require less care, as they are more durable and only need to replace the battery within 2 years.
What are the disadvantages of watches that have quartz movement?
- They do not move uniformly: due to the use of battery electricity and converting it into a pulse to move the hands, the movements of these watches are not uniform and are in the form of a tick.
Another major disadvantage of this type of watch is that it has no trace of human history or art on it.
The components of quartz watches are as follows:
- Coil cover
- Train bridge
- Dial foot clamp
- Battery strap
- Battery insulation
- Screw case
- Quartz crystal
In this article, we have told you the different types of clock movements, and you can choose and buy the type of clock movement you want according to the descriptions, but it should be noted that DOTNEKWATCH has watches with quartz movements at reasonable prices. And you can easily buy with confidence from this site. For this, it is recommended to visit DOTNEKWATCH.com and see their quartz watches, which are sold at a reasonable price and high quality.